TRY !

Have you seen the star wars movie series? I had. And I have seen several other movies also, developing a habit to find some or the other striking psychological quote which can be interpreted in different ways. Then it takes some processing iterations inside my brain to understand its possible perceptive vision and then absorb only the positive one. Coming back to star wars, there is character called Yoda who is master of all the white knights-saviors of galaxies. Yoda character has the most powerful and awesome psychological quotes in the entire series. Best out of them all -- ‘Try not, Do or do not there is no try’. After some iteration I have found a highly positive energy coming out of it. Let me torch the same fire inside you.
       To me ‘TRY’ is just an English word which is developed to compensate our feelings on all of our failed events in life. It is a synonym to ‘FAIL’ for me. Actually there are only two possible events SUCCESS/FAIL.
Past Case -
1.‘I tried my level best’, u’ll hear this often; no doubt whoever uses this sentence has  failed actually but compensating own feelings with using ‘I tried’.
2.‘I tried my level best but I failed’, a little less heart compensation (fair enough acceptance to failure) but yet another fail!
3.‘I tried my level best and I succeeded’, bravo a success event.

Now, replacing all the forms of try on above three cases with fail and its forms with a grammatical renunciation, we’ll find that we have turned out to be a brave one accepting our failures. What is the best quality of brave - he’ll never give up on failures and always fight to win. A few more failed event but eventually a win-win at the end.

Present Case -‘I am trying’ means I am failing, haven’t succeeded yet.

Future case - Most often we use ‘I’ll try’, it actually portrays us as a person who is not confident and is susceptible to breakdown in terms of failure. Think, deep inside it says ‘I’ll fail’. Use ‘I’ll do it’ or ‘I’ll succeed’, it may portray us as bravado but not the one who will break in failures. In real life scenarios the latter always wins.

         Think Probability, it talks about only two events Success or Fail. Think, Permutation n Combinations, it will always give the number of methods to fail or to succeed. Switch always has 1 and 0, On and Off. Life is a switch, either you live or die, there is no trying to live or trying to die. Don’t bring Thermodynamics concepts of breaking event into infinite number of quasi-static events, to every quasi event there will be either 1 or 0. If we are trying, we are failing. Either we win or we fail, we succeed or succeed to fail! I would always  find myself as the one who failed ten times to win a single event. I fail everyday to win  something. If you are still trying (failing) to understand this, ‘May the Force be with you’ because with every fail we actually learn & learn to win.
        Believe this ‘Fail not, Do or do not, there is no FAIL...’.

Comments

sleepingghost said…
Dude, this is so good. Very well articulated. This means I have to stop "trying", instead I have to act that also for success ;-)

Nice thoughts and never looked for the "trying" in this perceptive.

Perhaps I will "try" for this new outlook ! :-P
Aditya S Joshi said…
Is this HOKUM????!!!! :D
Nicely written !
Few days back I was reading a similar article from a celebrity. He said that the most frustrating thing to him is when he sees someone doing a self-pity. e.g. "I tried hard but don't know what happened"

I also remember a proverb/phrase by ShriRam Sharma Acharya of Gayatri Parivar: " Failure means that efforts made to achieve success were not whole-hearted "
Amritash said…
@sleepingghost: thnx, this outlook will definitely change ur life.

@Aditya: Its ur call..

@Abhimanu: Thnx, u added gr8 examples to my thoughts in the post.
Thanks for reminding a good thought .. in such a way .. that will take longer to erase from conscious memory..

Keep writing such thing sir!!

I will go bit away from the topic..I will write something which applies to this particular incident/action...

A man has habit of forgetting the things. This habit has its own advantage and disadvantage.. We often read good proverb in our day to day life..come across real good example, which can add good values within us..we can take the immediate advantage of such learning as long as its in our conscious memory..To keep remember anything thing is just a matter of how much it affected our brain. memory..

I believe
do or don't do : is ideal state. but being as science student we know nothing is at ideal state. There are some variations.We often says , No one is perfect..

To reach up to ideal/perfection state , we need to be expert in particular act.we become expert by practice in more enhanced way every time. And Practice makes a man perfect, we hear it many times in our whole life.Try , I feel is alias for practice ..

So I would say "Try" exist there in practical life..but we need to remember the ideal state "do it or don't do it" when we try something.. then try should be better or enhanced from last try..

I might have misunderstood your intention of the topic ,I appreciate if you correct me!!
Amritash said…
@Searching My Own Identity: Firstly, thnx for adding ur thoughts. U have defined a correct practical scenario.
Even from your explanation 'TRY' turns out to be synonym to 'FAIL'. My main intention lies in the modified quote where i said there is no fail. Even in computers at the end it is always addition we have an analogical situation, we succeed everytime. As for using an alias to practice i take 'trial' rather than 'try'(better word exists in english). I just wanted to generate some positive energy/attitude towards our lives and i know i m a success looking on ur views :)
BhaiSahab said…
After reading every word carefully a couple of times, I 'tried' (or I guess 'made trials' will sound better) to deviate, out of curiosity or perhaps out of habit of being skeptical, from your idea.

Apparently, you have made an effort to establish 'try' as a failure. This is what I understand from your writing. At once, I didn't agree with you because I believe that not every failed effort is worthless. It may not make you win but can at least help you secure a runner-up stand.

Then I remembered an old saying - "You never win the silver. You only lose the gold."

In this way, the new definition of 'try' as given by you, makes sense... A 'try' is a failure...

Did I make myself clear, Choubey ji?

Popular posts from this blog

05 46

Inter-Dimensional