The Band Stand Boogie

8th September '07, a hectic day in mumbai office, Phew !!
Alas I reached back home at 2000hrs, ate alot with biggies in the home(all bachelors but aged merely a year or two more than me) and started yawning.
Suddenly someone said "Band Stand" and there were some chearful faces in the making except mine.

Band Stand !
It sounded to me just like bus stand..
I doubted the move of others for outing to this strangely named place that too at night hours.
But when you are the youngest of all, you need to follow the eldely commands!
All set to go, 6 in all ready for the drive. 3 bikes on floor.

Vroom vrooooom, the masculine engine sound took away the sleep from my eyes and I was ready.
I was given a back seat seeing my previous record of accidents and rash drivings, but I was a happy lazy now. Goregaon to Band Stand, we travelled averaging 70-80 kmph.
What a fast drive it was.... Ah ! CoOl breeze n adrenalin pumping biking experience. I loved that.
It was Bandra, locale for posh of the posh, nice place to dream a home there and we started to slow down even before i started a dream.
I was told that we are near the destination. Suddenly, a hand pointed, Rekha's home, barely some seconds passed and again, that one is SRK's.
We stopped on the road opposite to Barista opposite to Shahrukh's lane.

Aahh... it was a nice rocky seashore, gusty winds blowing with gushing waves and no one there except some security guys who frightened us to go back!!
But why do we, if some murder was done there a day back? it was neither of us who committed that crime!! We stayed.
It was the Band Stand also known for the love of lover's in it, which was minus of lovers that day due to the crime scene. Dreams started waving in open eyes....oH gosh,, let me have home in this area, but hey, do I have some billions of rupees to buy one?
No, not at the moment but who can stop me dreaming. It came all for free.
We enjoyed the clear sky and the night sea breeze for some more time and decided to move back the same pace with which we came, before the police comes and kicks us.

Again a fast ride. By the time we reached back it was already 9th September '07. We played cards till 0430 hrs and went to a dead sleep.
This was the day, my Birthday, 9/9, which I celebrated un-noticed (till 12 noon) in a different way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

05 46

TRY !

Inter-Dimensional